Before we went to the gym today, our lunch menu, Moo Shu Veggies from Martha Stewart online, included some yummy veggies so we made a run to the local farmer's market. While there, we and grabbed some veggies for lunch and what we needed for the rest of the week. We got all these local veggies for $10.71, not bad at all, definitely budget friendly. Geoff made some modifications to the recipe and it ended up being about 445 calories for lunch. I thought that was a little much until I tasted the meal and it was delish, minus all the 'less than healthy' additives we would've eaten at a typical Asian cuisine restaurant.
For dinner tonight, which we changed from the original menu to grilled pork chops, garlic mashed potatoes, and veggies (a recipe I found on Pinterest). The veggie recipe is includes fresh from the market zucchini and onion as well as squash from my mom and dad's garden! Nothing can't beat fresh veggies this time of year! The only main modification I made was that I didn't use potatoes (having *healthy garlic mashed potatoes) nor tomatoes.
![]() |
| Grilled Pork Chop... Geoffrey's perfecting his grilling skills! |
![]() |
| Next time, I'll make one for us to split... |
Finally, anyone that knows me, knows that I am a fanatic for anything dessert! I decided to make Skinny-No Bake Peanut Butter Pie from Skinny Taste. If you've never tried the Skinny Taste website, I definitely recommend it, the recipes are *generally easy to make, the recipes turn out like the recipe says it will, and they provide step by step pictures. It tasted amazing, yummy!!! I questioned finding Better n Peanut Butter but easily found it at Target Superstore. The one modification I made was the pie crust, we went a little less healthy and got the chocolate crust, small steps, right?!
![]() |
| YUMMY!!! |




No comments:
Post a Comment