Saturday, July 7, 2012

Planning for the Puppy 'Paw'ty!

In honor of today being Maximus' 'get him date,' I've decided to update everyone on Geoff and my plans to celebrate Maximus turning 5.  


Maximus' actual birthday is in April but being that we teach, we decided to get their furry friends together in July for a tail-wagging good time.  I know what you're thinking... July of all months... it's going to be HOTTT!  And my answer to you would be that you're right, it will be HOTTT, but as I explain the details of the party, hopefully you'll see why July is the perfect time.  


CAUTION:  These pups are indeed our children, Geoff and I are unsure if we want 'bald' babies & for now, our fur babies are our life... they are not just 'dogs' and are not treated as such.  Before I share the details of the big day, I feel this summarizes my thoughts about those people that think Davis and Maximus are just "dogs."
While we will be celebrating Davis turning three this year, the main celebration as I've said is Maximus turning 5.  We had a big soiree for Davis at Barbara's Canine in South End Charlotte when Davis turned 1.
The Guest List:  Everyone that Maximus and Davis love playing with received Evites including: Buster, Joey, Bonnie, Kobe, Sperry, Shadow, Chase, Izzy, Daisy, and Lily.  The message to the guest was simple:



Davis turned three and Maximus turned five, 
now it's time to join us for a tail waggin good time!  

Come play fetch with Maximus and Davis

Chow time: 5pm until we're all dog tired!

Share some puppy love: Since Maximus is a rescued pound puppy, we ask in honor of the birthday boy, you bring a wish list item that we can donate to the Humane Society of York County.  

We're most excited to see what great items our guest bring that can be donated to the Humane Sociey of York County!!!

The Inspiration:  If you follow my Pinterest boards, you have seen the inspiration for the party.  We decided to stick with red, black, and brown as our main colors for the party.  I've found some fabulous fabric at Jo-Ann's Fabric in Gastonia and that paired with some special treats have our ribbon of continuity in line.  Additionally, we've selected several really neat party favors for the boys' friends from Pet Edge.  

The Food:  The food is a combination between our love of hotdogs and Perfectly Franks in Summerville, SC, which was recently featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri.  Then, we found some inspiration from the setup of our Summer BBQ birthday party.  We decided on four featured hotdogs but the human guest will have a large variety of toppings to chose from if they aren't 'digging' one of the featured dogs we'll offer.  Additionally our infamous onion rings will be served with several other sides.  

The Activities: While humans partake in cold beverages and food, they will have the opportunity to practice their cornhole skills while listening to our newly wired outdoor speakers.  The pups will have fun cooling off with a swimming pool, water sprinkler, popsicles, and frozen blocks of ice.  

So that sums it up, or sums up what I'm willing to share before the big event takes place. We're really excited for this upcoming event because many of our puppy and human friends haven't had a chance to enjoy our newly fenced in back yard, we cannot wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment